Privacy Statement Conway & Partners N.V.
Conway & Partners N.V. (hereinafter referred to as “CP”) respects your privacy and, in the capacity of data controller in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), ensures that the personal data provided to us or otherwise obtained by us is kept confidential and is treated in accordance with the requirements in the GDPR.
In this Privacy Statement we explain the following:
- What personal data do we collect;
- For what purposes and on what legal basis do we process personal data;
- How long do we keep personal data;
- With whom do we share personal data;
- How do we protect your personal data;
- What rights do you have as a data subject?
- Social media;
- Modification of this Privacy Statement;
- Our contact details.
1. Personal data
Personal data is all information about an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’). Among other things, we can process the following personal data:
- Basic information such as first and last name and title;
- Contact details as e-mail address, postal address, telephone number;
- Information about the device with which our website is visited (eg IP address);
- Information about the visits to our website;
- Information that is provided to us in the context of attending events or meetings, such as requirements and wishes regarding accessibility and diet;
- Personal data provided to us with and for the purposes of a job application (details in your CV);
- All other personal data that is provided to us by the data subject or that we can obtain from other sources for the purposes and on the basis of the principles mentioned below.
This personal data is processed by CP because they are provided by you as a data subject at our request or on your own initiative, have been obtained in the context of the services, have been made known to us by third parties (including reproductions) or have become known through public sources.
2. Objectives and Principles
CP processes personal data for, among other things, the following purposes:
- to provide the services requested, including the execution of an agreement and conducting (legal) proceedings;
- For collecting payment of invoices;
- to provide advice, mediation and referral;
- to meet our legal obligations;
- for marketing purposes, such as newsletters and invitations to events;
- for handling your possible job application;
- to be able to communicate personally with you as a data subject;
- to be able to improve our services.
CP processes the above-mentioned personal data solely on the basis of the grounds mentioned below as referred to in Article 6 GDPR:
- The execution of an agreement;
- Compliance with a legal obligation;
- Justified interest;
- with your consent.
3. How long do we keep personal data
CP does not keep personal data that is processed for longer than is necessary for the aforementioned purposes of data processing or is required by law and regulations, including statutory limitation periods.
4. WIth whom do we share personal data
CP may, as the occasion arises, share your personal data with third parties insofar as this is necessary for the provision of services and with due observance of the aforementioned objectives. This can be for example with:
- Relevant third parties for the provision of our services (such as counterparties, lawyers, courts, tribunals, experts and government institutions);
- Third parties such as supervisors or other authorities with public authority, insofar as there is a legal obligation to do so;
- External suppliers in connection with the processing of your personal data for the purposes described above (such as ICT supplier, accountants, notaries);
- Third parties engaged by CP who offer services as data controllers themselves are responsible for compliance with the GDPR for the (further) processing of your personal data.
Insofar as a third party processes your personal data at the request of and on behalf of CP, a processor agreement is concluded whereby the third party is also obliged to comply with the GDPR.
If for the provision of our services it is necessary for your personal data to be transmitted by us to a recipient in a country outside the European Economic Area, CP shall ensure that such transfer of data is in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
5. Personal data protection
CP attaches great importance to the protection and security of your personal data and, taking into account the state of the art, ensures appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a risk-adapted level of security. In the event that CP makes use of the services of third parties, such as an IT supplier, CP will, in the context of the protection of personal data in a processor agreement, establish agreements about adequate security measures.
6. Rights of the persons concerned
As a data subject you have various rights with regard to your personal data. This concerns the following:
- Right of access;
- Right to rectification or correction if your personal data is incorrect or incomplete;
- The right to erasure of your personal data;
- The right to object to or request the restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- The right to withdraw your consent.
There may be circumstances where CP cannot or cannot fully fulfill your request as a data subject. For example as a result of the duty of confidentiality of lawyers and legal retention periods or limitation periods.
In order to ensure that we, upon receiving any request to access personal data referred to above, send it to the right person, we ask you to provide a copy of a valid passport, driving license or identity card with a shielded passport photo and National Identification Number for verification. CP shall only handle requests that pertain to your own personal data.
8. Social media
The CP website (www.conway-partners.com) contains buttons and / or links to promote or share web pages on social (media) networks or third-party websites, such as LinkedIn. CP does not supervise and is not responsible for the processing of your personal data by and through such third parties. The use of these media is therefore at your own risk. Before you make use of these services from third parties, it is advisable to first read the privacy statement of those third parties.
9. Adjustment privacy statement
This Privacy Statement was last amended on 22 August 2018. CP has the right to change the content of this Privacy Statement at any time without prior notice. Changes to the Privacy Statement are published on the CP website. There fore we recommend that you consult our website regularly (www.conway-partners.com).
10. Questions and contact
If you have questions or comments about the processing of your personal data and this privacy statement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.